Man accused of forgery was DJ
WAWARSING – An Ellenville man arrested Sunday after using an assumed name to try to get drugs from the Ellenville Regional Hospital emergency room was well-known radio personality Tommy Lee Walker.
Walker, whose real name is Thomas H. Loehman, was charged with six counts of felony forgery and six counts of falsifying business records and offering a false instrument for filing, misdemeanors.
State police at Wawarsing said Loehman, 36, of Ellenville, checked into the hospital under the name Thomas Lo-max in order to get pain medications. Someone at the hospital recognized Loehman, and contacted police, authorities said.
During an interview Loehman said he made up the alias because he was known at the hospital and didn’t think he would be given the drugs under his real name, authorities said.
Until late last year, Loehman was a popular disc jockey on the WRWD country radio station.
At the time of his arrest, Loehman was wanted on warrants from the town of Plattekill for forgery, the city of Poughkeepsie for contempt, and the town of Crawford for vehicle and traffic infractions, police said.
Loehman was arraigned in Wawarsing Town Court and sent to Ulster County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bail.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 20, 2013 (721)
- Unhappy campers: Miserable times at sleepaway camp remain vivid memories for some decades later (191)
- Law & Disorder (May 20, 2013) (160)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (159)
- Minnewaska State Park gets $1.05 million for visitor center (124)
- Johnny Depp portrayal of Tonto in 'The Lone Ranger' under scrutiny (123)
- Kingston Alderman Thomas Hoffay won't seek re-election (120)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (22)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- SCHOLASTIC TRACK AND FIELD: Onteora girls, New Paltz boys three-peat at MHAL meet (3)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- Rhinebeck, Red Hook, New Paltz, Onteora, Highland high schools make Newsweek's Top 2,000 list (with link to rankings list) (2)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.