Rosendale seeks state aid for facade improvements
ROSENDALE — The Town Board has agreed to endorse an application by Rural Ulster Preservation Co. to seek state funding for facade improvements in the business district.
The state Office of Community Renewal funding was discussed during a Town Board meeting last week, when officials said there would be a 50 percent match of money paid by property owners for work done on structures that have combined commercial and residential tenants.
“It’s specifically for mixed-use buildings,” said Deputy Town Supervisor Jennifer Metzger. “The building owner is eligible for up to $50,000 for the building plus $25,000 for each additional residential unit.”
Officials said there could be improvements sought for municipal improvements on Main Street.
“There’s also a special streetscape enhancement category of funding component to this grant,” Metzger said. “So if the commercial district is awarded the grant the town could get up to $50,000 in streetscape enhancements as well.”
Officials said there have efforts to have businesses work directly with Rural Ulster Preservation Co. on the application.
“They approached the (Rosendale Theater Collective) to apply for an anchor grant and I’ve been talking to local businesses about participating in the renovations component,” Metzger said. “There’s 10 building owners that are interested in doing that beyond the facade. Actually, it’s any kind of renovation including energy efficiency. Anything but a roof.”
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National News Videos
- Law & Disorder (May 25, 2013) (1846)
- Columbia County DA Paul Czajka declines to prosecute NY SAFE Act violation (540)
- New Paltz Mayor Jason West should be ousted over residency issue, falsified records, village resident says (509)
- Hudson Valley Best Bets for this weekend (480)
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 24, 2013 (448)
- Curtis Granderson, David Phelps injured in Yankees' victory over Rays (435)
- Cottekill artist leads very colorful life (video) (316)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (51)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- Unbeaten Rondout boys lacrosse squad rolling into sectionals (6)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
Recent Activity on Facebook
We'll be using this blog to publicize corrections to stories, to explain, if possible, how we made a particular mistake and to give you a better window into our reporting process.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.