Tonight's Law & Disorder: Feb. 14, 2012
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
CITY OF KINGSTON
u Parole charge: Wesley Nichols, 39, of Kingston, was charged Monday with violating parole, a misdmeanor, according to state police at Ulster. Nichols was arrested about 4 p.m. at 1 Garraghan Drive in Kingston, police said.
u Drugs: James I. Hasbrouck of 80 Eagle’s Nest Road, Hurley, was arrested Monday night and charged with two counts of felony possession of a controlled substance and one count of criminal possession of marijuana, a misdemeanor, according to the Kingston Police Department. He was also charged with loitering and resisting arrest, misdemeanors, police said. Officers from the department’s Special Investigations Unit were conducting a survelliance on Furnace Street after getting complaints about drug transactions there, police said. At about 10:30 p.m., detectives saw Hasbrouck smoking marijuana in a hallway at 34 Furnance St. When officers approached him, Hasbrouck put up a fight, police said. Police later found him to be in possession of crack and cocaine, police said.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (6:50 p.m. update; video included) (363)
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (video) (272)
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla. for $590M prize (105)
- Law and Disorder (May 19, 2013) (97)
- Mid-Hudson residents vote on school budgets Tuesday (88)
- Have a taste of Woodstock at fundraiser (video) (86)
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 18, 2013 (84)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.