Clearwater hosts Family Open Boat Day on Saturday
Clearwater will host Family Open Boat Day from 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Lynch’s Marina, 2 Ferry St. in Saugerties.
Friends and families are invited to tour the sloop Clearwater in her winter port in Saugerties, meet the crew, learn about woodworking projects and repairs to the sloop, and cozy up in the shop for refreshments, stories and live music.
Music will be provided by Pocatello and Clearwater’s own Power of Song Apprentice group. Attendees are invited to bring an instrument and join the jam session, or a favorite dish to share at the potluck.
Open Boat Family Days are free and open to the public; a $10 donation is suggested.
RSVPs are appreciated, but not necessary.
Contact Linda Richards at Linda@Clearwater.org, or 845-265-8080, ext.7105.
Clearwater’s mission is to preserve and protect the Hudson River, its tributaries and related bodies of water. Clearwater conducts innovative environmental programs, advocacy and celebrations in order to inspire and energize the next generation of environmental leaders.
Since the launch of Clearwater, America’s environmental flagship, more than half a million young people and hundreds of thousands of adults have experienced their first real look at an estuary’s ecosystem aboard the sloop.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National Entertainment Videos
- Law & Disorder (June 17, 2013) (3754)
- Album reviews: Kelly Rowland, J. Cole, Mac Miller (1405)
- Kaaterskill Rail Trail offers hiking opportunity after lengthy effort (1278)
- Mid-Hudson Athletic League Scholar-Athletes honored (1214)
- Daytime Emmy Awards winners list (960)
- Police seek driver identified in Marlborough hit-and-run accident damaging four vehicles (887)
- "Days of Our Lives" wins at Daytime Emmy Awards marred by envelope mix-up (860)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (12)
- Mid-Hudson Athletic League Scholar-Athletes honored (3)
- Kaaterskill Rail Trail offers hiking opportunity after lengthy effort (3)
- Warming Atlantic Ocean may be culprit in Puffin die-off (2)
- WEIGHTLIFTING: Pat Carroll, Fred Dini set bench press marks (2)
- Bite mark evidence derided as unreliable in court (2)
- Farm Aid coming to Saratoga Sept. 21; concert features Willie Nelson, Dave Matthews Band, John Mellencamp, Neil Young (2)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Official blog of the WFF. Each year film and music lovers from around the world gather for an innovative variety of films, first-class concerts, workshops, celebrity-led panels, an awards ceremony, and fantastic parties.