Lucky Peterson, Blues legend, comes to Bearsville
Lucky Peterson, French Grammy Award-winner for Best Blues Album, will perform at 9 p.m. tonight at the Bearsville Theater, 291 Tinker St. in Woodstock.
Doors open at 8 p.m.
Peterson was a nominee for acoustic album of the year at the 2011 Blues Music Awards.
Peterson came to Woodstock last winter to make the new CD, “You Can Always Turn Around.” Now Lucky and his band return to celebrate the album, which has become an international success.
Peterson’s most recent album featured an eclectic set of tunes, ranging from classic blues material like “I Believe I’ll Dust My Broom” and “Death Don’t Have No Mercy,” to contemporary songwriting giants Ray LaMontagne, Lucinda Williams and Tom Waits.
This concert will also feature Tamara Peterson, Lucky’s wife and a blues singer. Their new version of “I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free” has become a worldwide radio hit and an immediate concert favorite.
Lucky burst on to the blues scene in 1969 as a 5-year-old guitar/organ/vocal prodigy. Discovered by giant Willie Dixon, Lucky quickly made the national TV talk show circuit, and began building his loyal fan base.
General admission is $15.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National Entertainment Videos
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (918)
- Law & Disorder (May 22, 2013) (713)
- Kingston man held in sexual abuse of two girls, ages 5 and 7 (469)
- Kerhonkson man accused of painting graffiti in Kingston (391)
- In the Courts (May 23, 2013) (364)
- Mid-Hudson school district budgets make the grade (294)
- EDITORIAL: Obama's umbrella coverage critics are all wet (289)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (36)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Official blog of the WFF. Each year film and music lovers from around the world gather for an innovative variety of films, first-class concerts, workshops, celebrity-led panels, an awards ceremony, and fantastic parties.