Law & Disorder (Feb. 20, 2012)
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
CITY OF KINGSTON
• Drugs: Brother K. McPherson, 42, of 89 Cedar St. was arrested Saturday on Franklin Street at 6:42 p.m. by Kingston police and charged with misdmeanor possession of marijuana. Police said McPherson was found to possess 37 plastic baggies that contained marijuana, with a weight in excess of 25 grams. McPherson was processed and held for arraignment, police said.
• DWI: Jacqueline D. Tippa, 39, of Poughkeepsie was arrested Saturday by town of Lloyd police and charged with misdemeanor drunken driving after the vehicle she was driving was stopped on state Route 9W in Highland for traffic violations. She was issued a ticket to appear in Lloyd Town Court.
• DWI: Andrew A. Dennis, 22, of Fishkill was arrested Saturday by town of Lloyd police and charged iwth misdemeaor drunken driving after the vehicle he was operating was stopped on state Route 9W in Highland for traffic violations. He was issued a ticket to appear in Lloyd Town Court.
• Prostitution: Jennifer J. Head, 30, of Poughkeepsie was arrested Saturday on an arrest warrant for misdemeanor prostitution and misdemeanor false personation. She was arraigned and sent to Ulster County Jail on $1,500 cash bail with a ticket to appear in Lloyd Town Court.
• Criminal mischief: Thomas Tortorella, 41, of Highland was arrested Saturday by town of Lloyd police and charged with misdemeanor criminal mischief after he was involved in a domestic dispute. He was issued a ticket to appear in Lloyd Town Court.
• DWI: Kevin P. Buso, 24, of 446 Broadway, Kingston was arrested Feb. 13 by town of New Paltz police and charged with two counts of misdemeanor drunken driving and misdemeanor aggravated unlicensed operation. Additional information was unavailable.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (video) (2698)
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (6:50 p.m. update; video included) (1826)
- Law and Disorder (May 19, 2013) (1295)
- Hofstra break-in victim accidentally shot dead by Nassau County cop in confrontation with burglar (1207)
- Have a taste of Woodstock at fundraiser (video) (972)
- Man shot dead in the face on the street in NYC hate shooting, police say (970)
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla. for $590M prize (965)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (6)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Kingston Point Dog Park about to open (2)
- EDITORIAL: Sheldon Silver should step down as Assembly speaker (1)
- Abby Elliott leaving 'Saturday Night Live' after 4 seasons (1)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.