Claim Chris Brown stole phone probed by Florida police
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. — Police are investigating a woman’s claim that singer Chris Brown stole her iPhone outside a South Beach nightclub when she tried to take a picture of him.
A police incident report released Thursday says Christal Shanae Spann, 24, and her friends spotted Brown and rapper Tyga leaving the Cameo club early Sunday. Spann told police she saw Brown get into a black Bentley, and she used her phone to take a picture of him sitting in the car.
According to the report, Spann claims Brown grabbed her phone and said “... you ain’t going to put that on no website,” and drove off.
Authorities said no charges have been filed. The report listed the potential crime as “robbery by sudden snatching,” which is a felony.
“My prosecutors are currently speaking with the witnesses and reviewing all of the materials supplied by Miami Beach police,” said Katherine Fernandez Rundle, Miami-Dade County’s chief prosecutor. “Only after these reviews have been completed would any type of action be considered or taken.”
Brown’s attorney and a spokeswoman did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Any charges could cause legal problems for Brown, who remains on supervised probation for beating then-girlfriend, singer Rihanna, in 2009. He has been on a comeback of late, winning a Grammy award and performing on the high-rated awards program — as did Rihanna.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National Entertainment Videos
- Law & Disorder (May 24, 2013) (1400)
- Cottekill artist leads very colorful life (video) (1144)
- Ex-comptroller charged with embezzling money from town of Ulster business (1101)
- Unbeaten Rondout boys lacrosse squad rolling into sectionals (603)
- Ulster County Executive Michael Hein calls for privatizing adult mental health services (with video, proposed contract) (503)
- NY Sen. John Bonacic sponsors bill calling for 3 casinos in Catskills (479)
- Fortis-CH Energy deal should be rejected because of suitor's track record in other countries, opponents say (336)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (46)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- Unbeaten Rondout boys lacrosse squad rolling into sectionals (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Official blog of the WFF. Each year film and music lovers from around the world gather for an innovative variety of films, first-class concerts, workshops, celebrity-led panels, an awards ceremony, and fantastic parties.