Head of Orange County Business Accelerator takes Rockland County job
NEW WINDSOR, N.Y —Michael DiTullo is leaving his job as managing director of the Orange County Business Accelerator.
James Petro, chairman of the Orange County Industrial Development Agency, the parent to the accelerator, said DiTullo told him he is becoming president of the Rockland County Economic Development Corp., on March 31.
The Rockland agency has yet to make an announcement about its presidency.
Petro said he and Accelerator Business Development Director Peter Gregory will run the agency until they pick a successor to DiTullo.
Petro said he hopes to hire from within Orange County and will look at applications from the 2009 search.
“We are trying to find someone who will create jobs and do the right thing for the taxpayers of Orange County,” he said.
DiTullo has been running the accelerator since Orange County created it in October 2009, and it has grown steadily.
Petro said DiTullo “has put in a very good effort here. He got us off the ground. We have 19 clients and are moving along very well.”
DiTullo is a former president and CEO of Mid-Hudson Pattern for Progress and the Orange County Partnership.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National News Videos
- Yankees blank Blue Jays, 5-0 (34)
- Metro-North train crash in Connecticut sends 60 to hospital (29)
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 17, 2013 (24)
- Kingston High School choir enjoys musical milestones (video) (12)
- CH Energy Group, Fortis strike back at judges' criticisms (11)
- Law & Disorder (May 17, 2013) (11)
- Secret recording reveals Kingston Mayor Shayne Gallo in vulgar tirades, threatening violence against fired employee (updated) (8)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (63)
- Dick Trickle, former NASCAR driver, dies at 71 (55)
- Catskill 3500 Club members hike region's highest peaks (video) (9)
- Kingston High School coaching volunteer charged with rape after alleged sexual contact with two teen girls (9)
- Injured turkey vulture rescued in Kingston is released after rehabilitation (video) (8)
- Rhinebeck Aerodrome ready to fly (video) (7)
Recent Activity on Facebook
We'll be using this blog to publicize corrections to stories, to explain, if possible, how we made a particular mistake and to give you a better window into our reporting process.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.