Head of Orange County Business Accelerator takes Rockland County job
NEW WINDSOR, N.Y —Michael DiTullo is leaving his job as managing director of the Orange County Business Accelerator.
James Petro, chairman of the Orange County Industrial Development Agency, the parent to the accelerator, said DiTullo told him he is becoming president of the Rockland County Economic Development Corp., on March 31.
The Rockland agency has yet to make an announcement about its presidency.
Petro said he and Accelerator Business Development Director Peter Gregory will run the agency until they pick a successor to DiTullo.
Petro said he hopes to hire from within Orange County and will look at applications from the 2009 search.
“We are trying to find someone who will create jobs and do the right thing for the taxpayers of Orange County,” he said.
DiTullo has been running the accelerator since Orange County created it in October 2009, and it has grown steadily.
Petro said DiTullo “has put in a very good effort here. He got us off the ground. We have 19 clients and are moving along very well.”
DiTullo is a former president and CEO of Mid-Hudson Pattern for Progress and the Orange County Partnership.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National News Videos
- Law & Disorder (May 25, 2013) (2717)
- Angel Flight plane crashes in upstate NY; 2 killed, pilot missing (1011)
- Columbia County DA Paul Czajka declines to prosecute NY SAFE Act violation (838)
- Curtis Granderson, David Phelps injured in Yankees' victory over Rays (810)
- Hudson Valley Best Bets for this weekend (698)
- New Paltz Mayor Jason West should be ousted over residency issue, falsified records, village resident says (664)
- Cottekill artist leads very colorful life (video) (541)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (52)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Unbeaten Rondout boys lacrosse squad rolling into sectionals (6)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
Recent Activity on Facebook
We'll be using this blog to publicize corrections to stories, to explain, if possible, how we made a particular mistake and to give you a better window into our reporting process.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.