Roads are slippery, but less than inch of snow predicted
Here's the forecast from the National Weather Service:
Today: Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 1pm. High near 40. East wind between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Tonight: Rain and snow showers likely before midnight, then a slight chance of snow showers between midnight and 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. West wind 5 to 8 mph increasing to between 14 and 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Saturday: A slight chance of snow showers, mixing with rain after 10am, then gradually ending. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Breezy, with a west wind between 18 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 19. West wind between 10 and 17 mph.
Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 39. Northwest wind between 8 and 11 mph.
Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
Monday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 48. Continued...
Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
Wednesday: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Wednesday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Thursday: A chance of rain showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National News Videos
- Law & Disorder (May 20, 2013) (3909)
- Johnny Depp portrayal of Tonto in 'The Lone Ranger' under scrutiny (2064)
- Pursuit of tax credits stalls Kingston housing projects (video) (1844)
- Officer's split-second choice ended with NY student dead (1210)
- Body found on Hudson River shore at Hyde Park believed to be that of missing canoeist (1175)
- Kingston Alderman Thomas Hoffay not running for re-election (with statement) (959)
- Butterfly Lady: Shokan woman has 40-year enchantment with the colorful insect (video) (879)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (18)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- SCHOLASTIC TRACK AND FIELD: Onteora girls, New Paltz boys three-peat at MHAL meet (3)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- Rhinebeck, Red Hook, New Paltz, Onteora, Highland high schools make Newsweek's Top 2,000 list (with link to rankings list) (2)
Recent Activity on Facebook
We'll be using this blog to publicize corrections to stories, to explain, if possible, how we made a particular mistake and to give you a better window into our reporting process.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.