Shawangunk man held in attack on wife
SHAWANGUNK, N.Y. -- A 22-year-old Shawangunk man is facing a number of charges, including the felony of unlawful imprisonment, after allegedly attacking his wife earlier this week, authorities said.
David Felter III, of 1605 Albany Post Road, was arrested Thursday at 12:15 a.m. by Ulster County sheriff’s deputies and charged with unlawful imprisonment, a felony; obstruction of breathing, menacing and endangering the welfare of a child, all misdemeanors; and harassment, a violation.
Deputies said they responded to a reported domestic dispute at Felter’s home. He was not home when deputies arrived.
Deputies said Felter’s wife, Kathryn J. Felter, 21, told them that her husband had physically attacked her during an argument and at one point had put his hands around her neck, obstructing her breathing and her ability to call for help. She was taken to St. Luke’s Hospital for evaluation.
Deputies said Felter came back to the house while they were still on the scene, and he was also taken to St. Luke’s Hospital for “other alleged injuries.”
They said when he was released in the early morning, he was placed in custody at the hospital and taken back to the Wallkill substation for processing.
Felter was arraigned at Shawangunk Town Court and sent to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $1,000 cash or $2,000 bail bond.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 20, 2013 (2292)
- Law & Disorder: May 21, 2013 (2041)
- Kardashian gets Gov. Andrew Cuomo warning letter over T-shirt logo (1161)
- Unhappy campers: Miserable times at sleepaway camp remain vivid memories for some decades later (781)
- EDITORIAL: Angelina Jolie sparks conversation about breast cancer (754)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (715)
- Dutchess college students win voting rights settlement in federal court (With court consent order) (636)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (26)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (4)
- SCHOLASTIC TRACK AND FIELD: Onteora girls, New Paltz boys three-peat at MHAL meet (3)
- Orange Regional and Catskill Regional hospitals to cut 140 jobs (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.