Dutchess men held in smoke shop theft
HYDE PARK, N.Y. — Two Dutchess County men have been charged in connection with the theft of nearly $3,000 worth of cigarettes from a smoke shop, authorities said.
Tory M. Mowris, 25, of 110 Cardinal Road, Hyde Park, was arrested Tuesday by Hyde Park police and charged with possession of stolen property and grand larceny, both felonies. Jeffrey A. Amato, 24, of Bennett Road, Poughkeepsie, was arrested Wednesday and also charged with the felonies of possession of stolen property and grand larceny.
Police said they were notified on Tuesday at 4:25 p.m. that 27 cartons of cigarettes worth $3,000 had been stolen from the Smokes for Less store at 4290 Albany Post Road.
The investigation led to the arrest of the Dutchess County pair, police said.
Mowris and Amato were both released pending further court action.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 20, 2013 (1878)
- Law & Disorder: May 21, 2013 (1136)
- Kardashian gets Gov. Andrew Cuomo warning letter over T-shirt logo (688)
- Unhappy campers: Miserable times at sleepaway camp remain vivid memories for some decades later (579)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (511)
- Law & Disorder (May 20, 2013) (436)
- Minnewaska State Park gets $1.05 million for visitor center (416)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (24)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Dutchess college students win voting rights settlement in federal court (With court consent order) (3)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.