Dutchess men held in smoke shop theft
HYDE PARK, N.Y. — Two Dutchess County men have been charged in connection with the theft of nearly $3,000 worth of cigarettes from a smoke shop, authorities said.
Tory M. Mowris, 25, of 110 Cardinal Road, Hyde Park, was arrested Tuesday by Hyde Park police and charged with possession of stolen property and grand larceny, both felonies. Jeffrey A. Amato, 24, of Bennett Road, Poughkeepsie, was arrested Wednesday and also charged with the felonies of possession of stolen property and grand larceny.
Police said they were notified on Tuesday at 4:25 p.m. that 27 cartons of cigarettes worth $3,000 had been stolen from the Smokes for Less store at 4290 Albany Post Road.
The investigation led to the arrest of the Dutchess County pair, police said.
Mowris and Amato were both released pending further court action.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (video) (2889)
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (6:50 p.m. update; video included) (1952)
- Law and Disorder (May 19, 2013) (1353)
- Hofstra break-in victim accidentally shot dead by Nassau County cop in confrontation with burglar (1298)
- Have a taste of Woodstock at fundraiser (video) (1015)
- Man shot dead in the face on the street in NYC hate shooting, police say (1013)
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla. for $590M prize (987)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (9)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Kingston Point Dog Park about to open (2)
- RUNNING: Roger's Run hopes to reach new heights (1)
- Bug-phobic dread looming with East Coast cicada invasion (1)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.