Collision on Thruway causes vehicle to flip; no one seriously hurt
HARRIMAN, N.Y. — Two vehicles collided on the Thruway near the Woodbury toll plaza early Saturday, causing one to flip over and end up on its roof, according to state police.
The accident, in the southbound lanes of the highway, just north of the Woodbury barrier in Orange County, happened about 7:30 a.m. and did not cause any serious injuries, police said.
Police said both vehicles were southbound in the high-speed E-ZPass lanes when one of them, a Ford, had a tire blow out, causing it to swerve into the other lane and strike a Mitsubishi. The Mitsubishi then rolled over.
Police said people in both vehicles suffered only minor injuries. None of the occupants was identified.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Law & Disorder (June 18, 2013) (1873)
- Eight-year-old girl's gift brings Stone Ridge Library closer to repair fund goal (1536)
- Bear cub freed from Phoenicia trash bin after some tense moments (1334)
- Study says Catskill Mountain Rail Trail would attract 140,000 annual visitors, over $3 million (1165)
- Uptown Kingston launches beautification effort (955)
- In the Courts: Ulster County Court (906)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (17)
- Study says Catskill Mountain Rail Trail would attract 140,000 annual visitors, over $3 million (4)
- Kaaterskill Rail Trail offers hiking opportunity after lengthy effort (3)
- State notice on TechCity site pollution cleanup effort cheers officials (3)
- Mid-Hudson Athletic League Scholar-Athletes honored (3)
- Bear cub freed from Phoenicia trash bin after some tense moments (3)
- Family of Woodstock turns 40 (2)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.