Celine Dion cancels Las Vegas shows due to virus
LAS VEGAS — Singer Celine Dion has canceled several upcoming concerts in Las Vegas because of a virus.
Caesars Palace officials say her doctor advised her to rest for a week to recover from the virus, which caused an inflammation of her vocal cords. Shows scheduled for Friday, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday were canceled at the resort’s Colosseum.
Her next scheduled concert there is March 3.
Dion, in a statement, said she doesn’t “like to let people down,” and she feels terrible about not being able to perform at the shows. Refunds will be given to people who bought tickets.
Caesars spent $95 million to build the Colosseum for Dion in 2003, complete with a humidifier to protect her voice
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National Entertainment Videos
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (6:50 p.m. update; video included) (250)
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (video) (55)
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 18, 2013 (35)
- Yankees down Blue Jays, 7-2, behind Robinson Cano's 2 homers (32)
- Powerball winner likely now that 80% of possible number combos are taken (25)
- Have a taste of Woodstock at fundraiser (video) (25)
- EDITORIAL: Kingston school board looks the other way ... again (20)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Official blog of the WFF. Each year film and music lovers from around the world gather for an innovative variety of films, first-class concerts, workshops, celebrity-led panels, an awards ceremony, and fantastic parties.