TheStreet: More Facebook Users Are 'Defriending' Than Ever
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Users of Facebook and other social networks are finally starting to get the message that the stuff they post on the internet can come back to haunt them.
A study from the Pew Internet & American Life Project looks at how users of social networks manage their reputations on social networks by restricting who can view their profiles. And they're doing so by culling "friends" more than ever. The survey of more than 2,000 adults in the spring found that 63% of social network users have deleted a friend at some point, up from 56% who said the same in a similar survey conducted in 2009.
Click here: http://ow.ly/9kLxK
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National Life Videos
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 24, 2013 (43)
- Curtis Granderson, David Phelps injured in Yankees' victory over Rays (42)
- New Paltz Mayor Jason West should be ousted over residency issue, falsified records, village resident says (31)
- STAN FISCHLER: Five good reasons to dislike the Bruins (31)
- Columbia County DA Paul Czajka declines to prosecute NY SAFE Act violation (19)
- Connecticut train wreck preceded by 'unusual condition' (14)
- Ex-comptroller charged with embezzling money from town of Ulster business (12)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (51)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Unbeaten Rondout boys lacrosse squad rolling into sectionals (6)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Official blog of Nancy Donskoj, Kingston Main Street Manager.
New Yorker cartoonist Liza Donnelly's blog was started to promote her new book, published by Chronicle, and has evolved into writing and cartoons about anything.