Owner of Brennie's Pizzeria in Highland accused of sale of drugs, marijuana from business
HIGHLAND, N.Y. — The owner of a Vineyard Avenue pizzeria was arrested Tuesday on drug-related charges following investigation by three law enforcement agencies into sales from his business, authorities said.
Ulster County Undersheriff Frank P. Faluotico Jr. said Brandon W. Storms, 28, of 88 South St, Milton, was arrested at his business, Brennie’s Pizzeria, 86 Vineyard Ave., and charged with six felonies: sale of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, possession of marijuana, and three counts of sale of marijuana.
Faluotic said members of the Ulster Regional Gang Enforcement Narcotics Team (URGENT), the sheriff’s office and Lloyd town police had received information and complaints about Storms trafficking marijuana and diverted pharmaceuticals (Oxycodone) from the business.
He said URGENT began an investigation and made numerous undercover narcotics purchases from Storms.
Faluotico said URGENT members and Lloyd town police concluded the investigation by executing a search warrant at Brennie’s on Tuesday afternoon.
He said the business was raided as Storms was conducting a 1-pound marijuana transaction.
Faluotico said a search of the business revealed diverted pharmaceuticals, marijuana, more than $6,000 in cash and drug records.
Following arraignment, Storms was sent to Ulster County Jail in lieu of $50,000 bail.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Law & Disorder (May 20, 2013) (3166)
- Johnny Depp portrayal of Tonto in 'The Lone Ranger' under scrutiny (1551)
- Pursuit of tax credits stalls Kingston housing projects (video) (1416)
- Officer's split-second choice ended with NY student dead (981)
- Body found on Hudson River shore at Hyde Park believed to be that of missing canoeist (858)
- Butterfly Lady: Shokan woman has 40-year enchantment with the colorful insect (video) (726)
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 19, 2013 (694)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (13)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
- SCHOLASTIC TRACK AND FIELD: Onteora girls, New Paltz boys three-peat at MHAL meet (3)
- Rosendale resort proposal clears state hurdle (2)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.