West Hurley man gets 10 years for vehicle break-ins
KINGSTON, N.Y. — A 35-year-old West Hurley man has been sentenced in Ulster County Court to 10 years in state prison and five years post-release supervision after being convicted of two counts of burglary, a felony, according to the Ulster County District Attorney’s Office.
The defendant, Billy Ganoe Jr., was arrested last June by state police at Ulster after a lengthy investigation into a number of thefts from vehicles in Ulster and Greene counties as well as a residential burglary in Dutchess County.
Police have said Ganoe and a Kingston woman, Donna A. Nollner, 40, were arrested in Saugerties last June, shortly after several vehicles were broken into along state Route 23A in the town of Hunter. Earlier, a state police investigator had obtained a GPS warrant to track Ganoe’s vehicle after discovering that jewelry pawned by Ganoe had been stolen from a Dutchess County residence, according to the District Attorney’s Office.
The investigation, which had started with reports of vehicle break-ins along the Hurley rail trail, led to the recovery of several stolen items.
According to the District Attorney’s Office, grand jury proceedings are pending for Nollner. Ganoe still faces burglary charges in Dutchess County.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 20, 2013 (1878)
- Law & Disorder: May 21, 2013 (1136)
- Kardashian gets Gov. Andrew Cuomo warning letter over T-shirt logo (688)
- Unhappy campers: Miserable times at sleepaway camp remain vivid memories for some decades later (579)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (511)
- Law & Disorder (May 20, 2013) (436)
- Minnewaska State Park gets $1.05 million for visitor center (416)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (24)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Dutchess college students win voting rights settlement in federal court (With court consent order) (3)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.