Nets reportedly acquire Gerald Wallace from Trail Blazers
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — A person with knowledge of the negotiations says the New Jersey Nets have acquired Gerald Wallace from the Portland Trail Blazers for two injured players and a protected first-round draft pick.
The Nets sent center Mehmet Okur and forward Shawne Williams to Portland along with their own 2012 draft pick. The pick is protected if it is in the top three, according to the person, who requested anonymity because the teams have not announced the deal.
A 2010 All Star, Wallace is averaging 13.3 points and 6.6 rebounds in 42 starts. He also is an outstanding defensive small forward.
Okur has been sidelined since Jan. 27 with a sore lower back. Williams is out for the year after having surgery on his left foot in early February.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Central New York Region Sports By Bleacher Report
Location, ST | website.com
Athletes of the Week
National Sports Videos
Top Sports Stories
- Knicks rout Blazers after D'Antoni's departure
- Kris Humphries' double-double leads Nets over Raptors
- Raymond records perfect 300 in Thursday B play
- Today's local sports schedule
- Today's sports broadcast schedule
- Today's NCAA men's basketball tournament scores (updated)
- Nets reportedly acquire Gerald Wallace from Trail Blazers
Recent Activity on Facebook
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.
New Paltz coaches blog their team's progress throughout the year.
Keep up to date with the resort's latest news, photos, events and other details.