Gasoline prices continue upward march
KINGSTON, N.Y. — Average retail gasoline prices in New York have risen 2.6 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.99 per gallon Sunday. This compares with the national average, which has risen 4.3 cents per gallon in the last week to $3.80, according to gasoline price website NewYorkStateGasPrices.com.
Including the change in gas prices in New York during the past week, prices Sunday were 26.9 cents per gallon higher than the same day one year ago and are 13.7 cents per gallon higher than a month ago. The national average has increased 28.6 cents per gallon during the last month and stands 27.9 cents per gallon higher than this day a year ago.
“Average retail gasoline prices will likely rise this week, after a surge in wholesale prices late last week,” said GasBuddy.com Senior Petroleum Analyst Patrick DeHaan. “Some analysts believe gasoline prices may have peaked, but I am not at all confident in such words. I still maintain that prices will likely not peak until we get closer to the month of May, as a majority of locales around the United States make eventual switch overs to summer spec gasoline,” DeHaan said.
Mid-Hudson gasoline prices are available on the Daily Freeman website at http://www.dailyfreeman.com/gasbuddy/.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National News Videos
- Law & Disorder (May 24, 2013) (1845)
- Ex-comptroller charged with embezzling money from town of Ulster business (1560)
- STAN FISCHLER: Five good reasons to dislike the Bruins (1345)
- Middletown teen killed in car accident en route to senior prom (1244)
- Columbia County DA Paul Czajka declines to prosecute NY SAFE Act violation (870)
- Unbeaten Rondout boys lacrosse squad rolling into sectionals (853)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (50)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Unbeaten Rondout boys lacrosse squad rolling into sectionals (6)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
Recent Activity on Facebook
We'll be using this blog to publicize corrections to stories, to explain, if possible, how we made a particular mistake and to give you a better window into our reporting process.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.