Tuesday, March 20, 2012
By The Associated Press
Here are 10 Things You Need to Know as you start your Tuesday:
1. Last warning is a lifesaver for skydivers. Dramatic video: Parachutists leap from a hot-air balloon over Georgia, a storm closing in after pilot Edward Ristaino warned "you need to get out now." But he didn't make it.
2. Elite French police units hunt for gunman who killed three at Jewish school. The same attacker is linked to the deaths of three French soldiers.
3. When job applicants are asked to hand over their Facebook passwords. Requests from prospective employers worry privacy advocates.
4. Republicans face off in Obama's home state. Romney and Santorum look to score a victory in a last major battleground before a three-week campaign lull in April.
5. All the ways the Supreme Court could rule on health care. The options, from upholding Obama's overhaul to striking it down.
6. Clinton wades into the Amelia Earhart mystery. She meets at 9 a.m. with researchers launching a new search for wreckage of the pioneering aviator's plane, lost nearly 75 years ago.
7. Why Apple's dividend is a game-changer. A regular payment to stockholders used to be an admission you've run out of ideas for growth.
8. In Havana restaurants, it's close but no cigar. Cuba is renowned for its stogies, but smokers are being told to take it outside.
9. The great Marmite shortage of 2012. It's "Marmageddon" now that New Zealand's sole producer has run out of the sticky black spread fans adore and doubters call axle grease.
10. 'The Hunger Games' worth a bite of your time. The AP's Christy Lemire says it runs nearly two and a half hours but you'll want to be there every step of the way.