10 Things You Need to Know as you start your Tuesday (video)
Here are 10 Things You Need to Know as you start your Tuesday:
1. Last warning is a lifesaver for skydivers. Dramatic video: Parachutists leap from a hot-air balloon over Georgia, a storm closing in after pilot Edward Ristaino warned "you need to get out now." But he didn't make it.
2. Elite French police units hunt for gunman who killed three at Jewish school. The same attacker is linked to the deaths of three French soldiers.
3. When job applicants are asked to hand over their Facebook passwords. Requests from prospective employers worry privacy advocates.
4. Republicans face off in Obama's home state. Romney and Santorum look to score a victory in a last major battleground before a three-week campaign lull in April.
5. All the ways the Supreme Court could rule on health care. The options, from upholding Obama's overhaul to striking it down.
6. Clinton wades into the Amelia Earhart mystery. She meets at 9 a.m. with researchers launching a new search for wreckage of the pioneering aviator's plane, lost nearly 75 years ago. Continued...
7. Why Apple's dividend is a game-changer. A regular payment to stockholders used to be an admission you've run out of ideas for growth.
8. In Havana restaurants, it's close but no cigar. Cuba is renowned for its stogies, but smokers are being told to take it outside.
9. The great Marmite shortage of 2012. It's "Marmageddon" now that New Zealand's sole producer has run out of the sticky black spread fans adore and doubters call axle grease.
10. 'The Hunger Games' worth a bite of your time. The AP's Christy Lemire says it runs nearly two and a half hours but you'll want to be there every step of the way.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National News Videos
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 20, 2013 (1878)
- Law & Disorder: May 21, 2013 (1136)
- Kardashian gets Gov. Andrew Cuomo warning letter over T-shirt logo (688)
- Unhappy campers: Miserable times at sleepaway camp remain vivid memories for some decades later (579)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (511)
- Law & Disorder (May 20, 2013) (436)
- Minnewaska State Park gets $1.05 million for visitor center (416)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (24)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Dutchess college students win voting rights settlement in federal court (With court consent order) (3)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
Recent Activity on Facebook
We'll be using this blog to publicize corrections to stories, to explain, if possible, how we made a particular mistake and to give you a better window into our reporting process.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.