Woman, 56, charged with March 8 holdup
of Rondout Savings Bank in Kingston
KINGSTON, N.Y. — The suspect in the March 8 robbery of Rondout Savings Bank at 300 Broadway has been arrested, the Kingston Police Department announced late Wednesday.
Police said Geraldine R. Marshall, 56, of 116 Colonial Drive, Kingston, was charged with felony robbery and was being held at police headquarters on Garraghan Drive, awaiting arraignment.
Police did not say where Marshall was arrested.
A press release announcing Marshall’s arrest said she threatened to use a gun during the holdup, which happened about 1:15 p.m. March 8, though it did not say whether a weapon was displayed.
Marshall approached a teller in the bank, demanded money and left with an undisclosed amount of cash, police said.
Police said at the time that the robber fled from the bank in a green, midsize, four-door car.
No one was injured during the robbery.
After the robbery, police released a security camera photo of a woman in the bank and said she was the prime suspect in the case.
Marshall’s arrest leaves two recent bank robberies in Ulster County in which no suspect has been caught: a holdup of the TD Bank branch at 411 Washington Ave. in Kingston on Oct. 7, 2011; and the robbery of the Bank of America branch at 81 Mill Hill Road in Woodstock on June 30, 2010.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Law & Disorder (May 24, 2013) (1845)
- Ex-comptroller charged with embezzling money from town of Ulster business (1560)
- STAN FISCHLER: Five good reasons to dislike the Bruins (1345)
- Middletown teen killed in car accident en route to senior prom (1244)
- Columbia County DA Paul Czajka declines to prosecute NY SAFE Act violation (870)
- Unbeaten Rondout boys lacrosse squad rolling into sectionals (853)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (49)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Unbeaten Rondout boys lacrosse squad rolling into sectionals (6)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.