In the Courts (March 23, 2012)
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
ULSTER COUNTY COURT
u DWI: James Arvidson, 32, of Huntington Station, was sentenced Thursday by Ulster County Judge Donald A. Williams to one year in jail for felony drunken driving and aggravated unlicensed driving. Arvidson was arrested on May 8, 2011, by Saugerties police. He pleaded guilty on Jan. 19.
u DWI: Kathleen Mandeville, 57, of Broadway, Tivoli, pleaded guilty Thursday before Williams to felony drunken driving. Mandeville was arrested on Jan. 5 by state police.
u Failure to register: Thomas Dolan, 30, address unknown, pleaded guilty Thursday before Williams to felony failure to register as a sex offender. He was arrested on Aug. 25, 2011, and charged by the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office with violating sex offender registry requirements.
u Grand larceny: Granville Bost, 54, of Kingston, pleaded guilty Wednesday in Ulster County Court to felony grand larceny. Bost admitted that during 2008 he collected $1,104 in unemployment benefits while working at the Hannaford grocery story on Ulster Avenue. As a prior felony offender, Bost faces a mandatory prison term of at least 1 1/2 to 3 years in state prison, according to the District Attorney’s Office.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 20, 2013 (2397)
- Law & Disorder: May 21, 2013 (2290)
- Kardashian gets Gov. Andrew Cuomo warning letter over T-shirt logo (1245)
- EDITORIAL: Angelina Jolie sparks conversation about breast cancer (931)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (823)
- Unhappy campers: Miserable times at sleepaway camp remain vivid memories for some decades later (819)
- Dutchess college students win voting rights settlement in federal court (With court consent order) (709)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (26)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (4)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (4)
- SCHOLASTIC TRACK AND FIELD: Onteora girls, New Paltz boys three-peat at MHAL meet (3)
- Orange Regional and Catskill Regional hospitals to cut 140 jobs (3)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.