Kingston woman, 56, jailed for Rondout Savings Bank robbery
KINGSTON, N.Y. — A Kingston woman remained in the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $10,000 bail on Friday, charged with robbing the main office of Rondout Savings Bank at 300 Broadway two weeks ago.
The Kingston Police Department said it arrested Geraldine R. Marshall, 56, of 116 Colonial Drive, Kingston, on Wednesday and charged her with felony robbery.
Police said Marshall was charged after being brought to city police headquarters for questioning.
A press release announcing Marshall’s arrest said she threatened to use a gun during the holdup, which happened about 1:15 p.m. March 8, though it did not say whether a weapon was displayed.
Marshall approached a teller in the bank, demanded money and left with an undisclosed amount of cash, police said.
Detective Sgt. Brian Robertson said on March 9 that the robber did not get away with a large sum.
“This wasn’t the Brink’s heist,” he said.
Police did not say whether any of the money has been recovered.
No one was injured in the robbery, after which the suspect fled from the bank in a green, midsize, four-door car, police said at the time.
After the robbery, police released a security camera photo of a woman in the bank and said she was the prime suspect in the case. Police did not say after the arrest whether tips from people who saw the photo played a role in Marshall being located. Continued...
Marshall is due to appear in Kingston City Court on Monday.
Marshall’s arrest leaves two recent bank robberies in Ulster County in which no suspects have been caught: a holdup of the TD Bank branch at 411 Washington Ave. in Kingston on Oct. 7, 2011; and the robbery of the Bank of America branch at 81 Mill Hill Road in Woodstock on June 30, 2010.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National News Videos
- Law & Disorder (June 19, 2013) (3513)
- Two ATV accidents, one motorcycle crash claim three lives in three days in Greene County (update) (2521)
- Kingston baby's death being investigated as homicide, police say (1563)
- Fired Orange County deputy from Kingston arrested for shoplifting in Auburn (1482)
- Mole Mole adds Mexican flavor to Kingston waterfront (recipe) (1249)
- Catskills could get two casinos under NY leaders' deal (1101)
- Kingston Point Dog Park nearly complete (931)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (25)
- WEIGHTLIFTING: Pat Carroll, Fred Dini set bench press marks (7)
- Bear cub freed from Phoenicia trash bin after some tense moments (6)
- Study says Catskill Mountain Rail Trail would attract 140,000 annual visitors, over $3 million (4)
- Former Dutchess County Executive Lucille Pattison dies at 77 (3)
- Mid-Hudson Athletic League Scholar-Athletes honored (3)
- Columbia County man among two charged in X-ray terror plot (3)
Recent Activity on Facebook
We'll be using this blog to publicize corrections to stories, to explain, if possible, how we made a particular mistake and to give you a better window into our reporting process.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.