Law & Disorder (March 27, 2012)
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
CITY OF KINGSTON
DWI: Burt R. Delavan, 60, of Kingston, was arrested by state police at Ulster Sunday at 6:50 p.m. on Liberty Street and charged with drunken driving and operating a motor vehicle with blood-alcohol content exceeding .08 percent, both misdemeanors. He was released with court appearance tickets.
False personation: Kenneth M. Clemmons, 27, who is homeless, was arrested by Kingston police at 3:08 p.m. Sunday on O’Neil Street and charged with false personation and mischief, misdemeanors. He was also charged on a probation violation warrant from Dutchess County. Police said they received a report from a woman that Clemmons had smashed her cell phone and then left the area on foot. He was located a short time later and gave police a false name, police said. Clemmons was arraigned and sent to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail.
DWI: Charles A. Parker, 33, of Goldsboro, N.C., was arrested by state police at Greenville at 8:58 p.m. Sunday on U.S. Route 9W and was charged with drunken driving, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle and aggravated drunken driving, all felonies; and a traffic infraction. He was held pending arraignment.
False personation: Lucretia E. Decker, 39, of Wappinger, was arrested by state police at Wawarsing at 9:56 p.m. Sunday on Canal Street and charged with false personation and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, both misdemeanors. She was held on $2,500 cash bail.
Welfare fraud: Linda Maurer, 62, was arrested by Greene County Sheriff’s deputies Friday and charged with grand larceny and welfare fraud, both felonies. Maurer is alleged to have stolen $6,390 in Medicaid benefits by failing to report household income to the county Department of Social Services from March 1, 2011, to September 30, 2011, authorities said. She is due in Catskill village court April 12. Continued...
Grand larceny: Edward Delaura, 37, of Holbrook, was arrested by state police at Catskill at 2 p.m. Sunday on Clum Hill Road and charged with grand larceny, a felony. He was being held. Further information was unavailable.
Burglary, grand larceny: Justin P. Angot, 16, of Hyde Park, was charged by town police with burglary, grand larceny and criminal mischief, all felonies, following an investigation into a 4:22 p.m. break-in March 9 on Crum Elbow Road. A state police dog search led to a residence on South Quaker Lane, where Angot was arrested. He was released after arraignment pending an appearance in Hyde Park Town Court. Further arrests are expected, police said.
Drugs: Robert K. Gromoll, 42, of 168 Cottekill Road, Apt. 1A, Cottekill, was arrested by Rosendale town police Saturday at 8 p.m. and charged with possession of marijuana, a felony; possession of a controlled substance, having a controlled substance in a non-original container, possession of a weapon, and unlawfully growing cannabis, all misdemeanors; and unlawful possession of fireworks, a violation. Police said the arrest followed an investigation into a neighbor dispute at 168 Cottekill Road. Gromoll was arraigned in Marbletown Town Court and sent to the Ulster County Jail on $2,500 bail.
Unlicensed operation: Vincent M. Giammichele, 22, og Wawarsing, was arrested by state police at Ellenville Tuesday at 2:50 p.m. on Clay Hill Road and charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor; and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (2568)
- Law & Disorder (May 22, 2013) (1939)
- Kingston man held in sexual abuse of two girls, ages 5 and 7 (1180)
- In the Courts (May 23, 2013) (1114)
- EDITORIAL: Obama's umbrella coverage critics are all wet (1027)
- Kerhonkson man accused of painting graffiti in Kingston (974)
- Kingston school district art supporters object to planned changes in middle school (UPDATED) (765)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (42)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- Kingston man held in sexual abuse of two girls, ages 5 and 7 (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.