Friday, April 6, 2012
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
• Obstructing breathing: Darren Dermody, 21, of 132 Bruyn Ave., Kingston, was arrested Thursday at 30 Andrew St. on a misdemeanor charge of obstructing of breathing/circulation and harassment, a violation, according to city police. Dermody had got into an argument with a 19 year old woman at about 1:30 a.m., police said. During the dispute, the suspect pushed her into a stove and later grabbed her by the neck and obstructed her breathing.
• DWI: Alfonso G. Martinez, 37, of Ellenville, was charged Wednesday at about 12:45 p.m. with leaving the scene of an accident, aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, and driving while intoxicated, misdemeanors, according to state police at Wawarsing. The suspect was arrested at Ellenville Hospital, police said.
• False Personation: Jill Freifeld, 37, of Lake Katrine, was charged Wednesday with false personation, obstructing governmental administration, and resisting arrest, misdemeanors, at about 7:30 p.m., according to state police at Highland. The suspect was arrested on U.S. Route 9W in Esopus, police said.
• DWI: Timothy Bruno, 47, no address given, was charged Wednesday with misdemeanor criminal contempt and driving while intoxicated at about 9:15 p.m., according to the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office. Deputies went to a Red Hook residence and served him with an order of protection, deputies said. Bruno left the residence but returned two hours later and was charged with violating to order of protection and drunken driving.
• Grand larceny: Catherine M. Fox, 46, of Kerhonkson, was charged Thursday with felony grand larceny, identify theft, and misdemeanor unlawful possession of personal indentification information, according to state police at Wawarsing. A state [police investigation revealed that Fox had stolen a debit card along with the associated pin number from a family member, police said. She used it to steal more than $3,000.00 from the victim’s bank account from December to January, police said. Fox stole the money by utilizing area ATMs with the card and pin number to withdraw cash from the victim’s account, police said. Fox was arraigned before Town Justice Albert Babcock in the Town of Rochester Court where she was released without bail. She is to appear in the Town of Rochester Court on May 2 at 6 p.m.
• Drugs: Tristan P. Hilgers, 26, of Shandaken, was charged Wednesday at about 2:45 p.m. with criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony, according to state police at Ulster. The suspect was arrested along state Route 28 in Olive, police said.
• DWI: Tracy Squires, 50, of Saugerties, was arrested about 11 p.m. Wednesday with driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, according to state police at Ulster. The suspect was arrested along state Route 212 in Saugerties, police said.