Lindsay Lohan will portray Elizabeth Taylor in Lifetime film
NEW YORK — Lindsay Lohan will portray Elizabeth Taylor in a Lifetime film about her love affair with actor Richard Burton.
Lifetime on Monday made official a casting decision rumored for months. The network says Lohan will star in “Liz & Dick,” with production set to begin in early June.
There was no mention of who will play Burton or when the film will air.
Taylor and Burton met as co-stars of the 1963 epic “Cleopatra.” They fell in love as the world looked on, left their respective spouses and got married. Then they divorced, only to remarry and divorce again.
In recent years the 25-year-old Lohan has gained her own measure of notoriety. “Liz & Dick” represents a step in her attempted career comeback.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National Entertainment Videos
- EDITORIAL: Kingston school board looks the other way ... again (289)
- Catskill Mountain Railroad members barred from serving on Ulster County Railroad Advisory Committee (video) (134)
- Law & Disorder (May 17, 2013) (134)
- Metro-North train crash in Connecticut sends 60 to hospital (115)
- Law & Disorder: May 18, 2013 (102)
- Kingston High School choir enjoys musical milestones (video) (101)
- Jada Pinkett Smith: Candid about family, projects (90)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (66)
- Dick Trickle, former NASCAR driver, dies at 71 (55)
- Catskill 3500 Club members hike region's highest peaks (video) (9)
- Kingston High School coaching volunteer charged with rape after alleged sexual contact with two teen girls (9)
- Injured turkey vulture rescued in Kingston is released after rehabilitation (video) (8)
- Rhinebeck Aerodrome ready to fly (video) (7)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Official blog of the WFF. Each year film and music lovers from around the world gather for an innovative variety of films, first-class concerts, workshops, celebrity-led panels, an awards ceremony, and fantastic parties.