'American Idol' down to 5 finalists
LOS ANGELES — Elise Testone won’t be winning it all on “American Idol.”
The rockin’ 28-year-old teacher from Charleston, S.C., was revealed to have received the fewest viewer votes Thursday on the Fox singing competition. Testone delivered energetic renditions of Queen’s “I Want It All” and Jimi Hendrix’s “Bold as Love” on Wednesday but wasn’t able to evade eviction after appearing at the bottom of the pack six times this season.
Testone was joined in the bottom three Thursday by 18-year-old vocalist Hollie Cavanagh from McKinney, Texas, who tugged at the judges’ heartstrings with Queen’s “Save Me” and Miley Cyrus’ “The Climb,” and 18-year-old country rocker Skylar Laine from Brandon, Miss., who wowed with Queen’s “The Show Must Go On” and Jason Aldean’s “Tattoos on This Town.”
The other singers remaining in the competition are powerful 20-year-old gospel singer Joshua Ledet of Westlake, La.; 16-year-old budding diva Jessica Sanchez of San Diego and blusey 21-year-old pawn shop worker Phillip Phillips from Leesburg, Ga. The five finalists will return to the stage next Wednesday and face another elimination Thursday.
An 11th season “Idol” champion is scheduled to be crowned May 23.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National Entertainment Videos
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (2328)
- Law & Disorder (May 22, 2013) (1784)
- Kingston man held in sexual abuse of two girls, ages 5 and 7 (1054)
- In the Courts (May 23, 2013) (998)
- EDITORIAL: Obama's umbrella coverage critics are all wet (909)
- Kerhonkson man accused of painting graffiti in Kingston (864)
- Kingston school district art supporters object to planned changes in middle school (UPDATED) (663)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (41)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Official blog of the WFF. Each year film and music lovers from around the world gather for an innovative variety of films, first-class concerts, workshops, celebrity-led panels, an awards ceremony, and fantastic parties.