'American Idol' down to 5 finalists
LOS ANGELES — Elise Testone won’t be winning it all on “American Idol.”
The rockin’ 28-year-old teacher from Charleston, S.C., was revealed to have received the fewest viewer votes Thursday on the Fox singing competition. Testone delivered energetic renditions of Queen’s “I Want It All” and Jimi Hendrix’s “Bold as Love” on Wednesday but wasn’t able to evade eviction after appearing at the bottom of the pack six times this season.
Testone was joined in the bottom three Thursday by 18-year-old vocalist Hollie Cavanagh from McKinney, Texas, who tugged at the judges’ heartstrings with Queen’s “Save Me” and Miley Cyrus’ “The Climb,” and 18-year-old country rocker Skylar Laine from Brandon, Miss., who wowed with Queen’s “The Show Must Go On” and Jason Aldean’s “Tattoos on This Town.”
The other singers remaining in the competition are powerful 20-year-old gospel singer Joshua Ledet of Westlake, La.; 16-year-old budding diva Jessica Sanchez of San Diego and blusey 21-year-old pawn shop worker Phillip Phillips from Leesburg, Ga. The five finalists will return to the stage next Wednesday and face another elimination Thursday.
An 11th season “Idol” champion is scheduled to be crowned May 23.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National Entertainment Videos
- Law & Disorder (May 20, 2013) (3558)
- Johnny Depp portrayal of Tonto in 'The Lone Ranger' under scrutiny (1849)
- Pursuit of tax credits stalls Kingston housing projects (video) (1624)
- Officer's split-second choice ended with NY student dead (1083)
- Body found on Hudson River shore at Hyde Park believed to be that of missing canoeist (1028)
- Butterfly Lady: Shokan woman has 40-year enchantment with the colorful insect (video) (808)
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 19, 2013 (770)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (17)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
- SCHOLASTIC TRACK AND FIELD: Onteora girls, New Paltz boys three-peat at MHAL meet (3)
- Disconnect: Pay phones fading from the landscape (video) (2)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Official blog of the WFF. Each year film and music lovers from around the world gather for an innovative variety of films, first-class concerts, workshops, celebrity-led panels, an awards ceremony, and fantastic parties.