Levon Helm funeral procession (video)
WOODSTOCK, N.Y. — Musician
Levon Helm was laid to rest
on a cemetery ridge Friday, eight days after his death, as the sounds of Dixieland jazz, singing and drumbeats pierced the afternoon sky.
Hundreds of people lined the streets in the center of town, some for three hours, waiting for Helm’s funeral procession to make its way from his home on Plochmann Lane, where a private service was held, to the Woodstock Cemetery on Rock City Road, where he was buried next to Rick Danko, a fellow member of The Band.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National Life Videos
- Law & Disorder (May 25, 2013) (1078)
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 24, 2013 (335)
- Columbia County DA Paul Czajka declines to prosecute NY SAFE Act violation (331)
- New Paltz Mayor Jason West should be ousted over residency issue, falsified records, village resident says (293)
- Hudson Valley Best Bets for this weekend (268)
- Curtis Granderson, David Phelps injured in Yankees' victory over Rays (246)
- Cottekill artist leads very colorful life (video) (192)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (51)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Unbeaten Rondout boys lacrosse squad rolling into sectionals (6)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Official blog of Nancy Donskoj, Kingston Main Street Manager.
New Yorker cartoonist Liza Donnelly's blog was started to promote her new book, published by Chronicle, and has evolved into writing and cartoons about anything.