Two Rondout Valley High School students charged after third student overdoses on prescription drug
KYSERIKE, N.Y. — Two Rondout Valley High School students were arrested on drug charges after a 14-year-old student suffered from an overdose from a prescription medication at the school.
According to a press release issued by the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office, a 15-year-old female student was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, as well as the misdemeanors of sale of a controlled substance, endangering the welfare of a child and possession of a prescription drug outside its original container. She was ordered to appear at the Ulster County Probation Department.
Authorities said the 15-year-old, whom they declined to identify, gave the 14-year-old the prescription medication on which she overdosed. The 14-year old was taken to Kingston Hospital for treatment.
Police did not identify the type of drug the 14-year-old consumed.
During the course of the investigation into the overdose, authorities determined that a 17-year-old student, whom they declined to identify, had provided another student with prescription medication. The 17-year-old was charged with misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a child and issued tickets for Rochester Town Court.
Additional information was not available.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- School district election results (5031)
- Law & Disorder (May 22, 2013) (3640)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (2112)
- Kingston school district voters OK budget, propositions (with vote tally by polling place, video) (1902)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (1693)
- Heavy thunderstorms, large hail, frequent lighting possible... then frost? (1617)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (1153)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (33)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (5)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (4)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.