Cee Lo Green says he's sticking with 'The Voice'
LOS ANGELES — Cee Lo Green says he’ll stick with “The Voice” singing competition show “as long as it’s fresh.”
The rapper turned singer joined the show last year as coach and judge alongside Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine.
“I would like to think that we were irreplaceable, you know what I’m saying?” he said in an interview with The Associated Press. “But the truth of the matter is, we’re still working-class artists and artists can be very fickle. .... I would like to be here as long as it’s fresh and new and exciting and fun for me.”
Green, 37, said considers the gig a “day job” and expects that NBC has plans in place should any of the judges decide to leave. But for now he’s happy to continue “building the brand of Cee Lo Green” on the popular TV series, which ends its second season next week.
Aguilera’s appearance on Maroon 5’s hit from last year “Moves Like Jagger” has led to further musical collaboration among the show’s stars. Green said he’d recently recorded a tune with Aguilera and has been in discussions with Levine.
“And I have a song for Blake Shelton that I gave to him. And I’d like to do it alongside him. I’d like for it to be a duet,” he said.
And what about a supergroup featuring all four of the singers?
“Why not, man? Why not? Everybody’s talented. Everybody’s available and highly enthusiastic,” he said. “I think everybody would be up for it, man, because it’s a great idea.”
Green was in a recording studio this week in Los Angeles finalizing a remix of the Meow Mix cat food jingle featuring the Persian cat Purrfect, which he often holds on “The Voice.”
His first major acting role comes in this summer’s remake of “Sparkle,” Whitney Houston’s last film. Continued...
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National Entertainment Videos
- Law & Disorder (May 20, 2013) (553)
- Pursuit of tax credits stalls Kingston housing projects (video) (285)
- Johnny Depp portrayal of Tonto in 'The Lone Ranger' under scrutiny (274)
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 19, 2013 (215)
- Butterfly Lady: Shokan woman has 40-year enchantment with the colorful insect (video) (162)
- Body found on Hudson River shore at Hyde Park believed to be that of missing canoeist (135)
- SUNY New Paltz graduates 1,400 (video) (121)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (10)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
- SCHOLASTIC TRACK AND FIELD: Onteora girls, New Paltz boys three-peat at MHAL meet (3)
- Butterfly Lady: Shokan woman has 40-year enchantment with the colorful insect (video) (2)
- Lindsey Latourette, convicted killer of Saugerties teenager, back in NY prison for violating parole (2)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Official blog of the WFF. Each year film and music lovers from around the world gather for an innovative variety of films, first-class concerts, workshops, celebrity-led panels, an awards ceremony, and fantastic parties.