Car crashes, overturns in Clinton stream, killing teen
TOWN OF CLINTON — A 16-year-old Yonkers boy died Sunday after the car in which he was a passenger went off Clinton Corners Road near Hibernia Road and overturned in a stream, Dutchess County Sheriff’s deputies said.
Deputies said the driver, Stephen Pastorek, 42, of Millbrook, was able to free himself and was trying to free his passenger, 16-year-old Paul Williams Jr. of Yonkers, when deputies and state troopers, responding to a 911 call, arrived on the scene.
Officers were able to roll the vehicle onto its side and brought the teenager to shore, where a deputy and state trooper performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation on him until members of the East Clinton Fire Department arrived. Firefighters took Williams to Vassar Brothers Medical Center, where he was pronouned dead.
Pastorek was taken by ambulance to St. Francis Hospital, where he was treated for minor injuries and released.
The accident remains under investigation.
The Dutchess County Regional Underwater Search and Recovery Team, along with divers from the Dutchess County Sheriff’s Office and city of Poughkeepsie police department assisted at the scene.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Law & Disorder (May 20, 2013) (3558)
- Johnny Depp portrayal of Tonto in 'The Lone Ranger' under scrutiny (1849)
- Pursuit of tax credits stalls Kingston housing projects (video) (1624)
- Officer's split-second choice ended with NY student dead (1083)
- Body found on Hudson River shore at Hyde Park believed to be that of missing canoeist (1028)
- Butterfly Lady: Shokan woman has 40-year enchantment with the colorful insect (video) (808)
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 19, 2013 (770)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (17)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
- SCHOLASTIC TRACK AND FIELD: Onteora girls, New Paltz boys three-peat at MHAL meet (3)
- Disconnect: Pay phones fading from the landscape (video) (2)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.