Three Ulster men charged in alleged drug deal in Kingston
KINGSTON, N.Y. — Three Ulster County men were arrested on drug charges after being seen conducting a narcotics transaction in the parking lot at 1 Boulevard Saturday evening, authorities said.
Members of the Ulster Regional Gang Enforcement Narcotics Team (URGENT) said the 6:10 p.m. transaction involved “diverted pharmaceuticals.”
Arrested were Wayne L. Lewis Jr., 26, of 2582 state Route 32, Bloomington, who was charged with criminal sale and possession of a controlled substance, both felonies; and loitering, a misdemeanor; Paul Joseph Martino, 20, of 357 Dewitt Mills Road, Hurley, who was charged him with criminal possession of a controlled substance and loitering, both misdemeanors; and Sondro M. Velez, 36, of 107 Franklin St., Kingston, who was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminal possession of a weapon and loitering, all misdemeanors. Police described Velez as a member of the Latin Kings street gang.
Martino and Velez were issued tickets to appear in Kingston City Court. Lewis was held pending arraignment. Two vehicles were impounded pending seizure, authorities said.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Law & Disorder (May 20, 2013) (3909)
- Johnny Depp portrayal of Tonto in 'The Lone Ranger' under scrutiny (2064)
- Pursuit of tax credits stalls Kingston housing projects (video) (1844)
- Officer's split-second choice ended with NY student dead (1210)
- Body found on Hudson River shore at Hyde Park believed to be that of missing canoeist (1175)
- Kingston Alderman Thomas Hoffay not running for re-election (with statement) (959)
- Butterfly Lady: Shokan woman has 40-year enchantment with the colorful insect (video) (879)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (18)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- SCHOLASTIC TRACK AND FIELD: Onteora girls, New Paltz boys three-peat at MHAL meet (3)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- Rhinebeck, Red Hook, New Paltz, Onteora, Highland high schools make Newsweek's Top 2,000 list (with link to rankings list) (2)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.