Law & Disorder (May 12, 2012)
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
CITY OF KINGSTON
DWI: Katherine R. Still, 26, of Stone Ridge, was arrested by state police at Ulster at 2 a.m. Friday on Green Street and was charged with drunken driving and operating a motor vehicle with a blood-alcohol content exceeding .08 percent, both misdemeanors. She was released with a court appearance ticket.
Scheme to defraud: Lawrence W. Wright, 27, of 333 Girard St., Connelly, was arrested by Kingston police at 5:24 p.m. Thursday and charged with scheme to defraud, a felony; and possession of a controlled substance and possession of stolen property, both misdemeanors. No further details were provided.
Reckless driving: Shane Mobley, 21, of County Route 19, Elizaville, was arrested by Columbia County Sheriff’s deputies at 10 a.m. April 30 and charged with reckless driving and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, misdemeanors; and a traffic infraction. Deputies said Mobley forced one of their sergeants to drive partially off the road to avoid being struck by Mobley’s car on Spook Rock Road.
Drugs: Susan R. Knapp, 44, of Highland, was arrested by state police at Highland at 9:55 p.m. Thursday on U.S. Route 9W and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor, and having a controlled substance in a nonoriginal container, a violation. She was released with a court appearance ticket.
Unlawfully dealing with a child: Kyle J. Keith, 25, of Elizaville, was arrested by Red Hook village police at 7:45 p.m. Sunday and charged with two counts of unlawfully dealing with a child, a misdemeanor. Police said a resident had reported to them that a car with several people had driven past his home erratically while throwing empty alcohol containers onto his lawn. Police located Keith and said his car contained several open containers of alcohol and two intoxicated 17-year-old youths. They said their investigation determined that Keith bought the alcohol and gave it to the teens. Keith was arraigned and released with court appearance tickets. Continued...
Aggravated harassment: Thomas J. Desormier, 36, of Pleasant Valley, was arrested by state police at Highland at 8:24 p.m. Thursday and charged with aggravated harassment, a misdemeanor. He was released pending a court appearance.
Tampering: Phyllis E. Barringer, 48, of 325 County Route 2, Kripplebush, was arrested by Ulster County Sheriff’s deputies at 3:36 a.m. Friday on U.S. Route 209 and was charged with tampering with physical evidence, a felony; and possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor. Also arrested in the incident was Lisa B. Knauer, 37, of 19 Mettacahonts Road, Kerhonkson, who was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor; and several traffic infractions. Deputies said they stopped a car with a loud exhaust traveling north on Route 209 and saw Barringer, the passenger, throw a crack pipe out of the side door. They said Knauer was driving with a suspended license. Both women were released with court appearance tickets.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (918)
- Law & Disorder (May 22, 2013) (713)
- Kingston man held in sexual abuse of two girls, ages 5 and 7 (469)
- Kerhonkson man accused of painting graffiti in Kingston (391)
- In the Courts (May 23, 2013) (364)
- Mid-Hudson school district budgets make the grade (294)
- EDITORIAL: Obama's umbrella coverage critics are all wet (289)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (36)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.