LETTER: Liberal rattlers
As a youth, I had some friends who used to go rattlesnake hunting at Echo Lake with some local police they knew.
They would take long sticks and poke and prod under rocks and boulders and, like magic, those snakes would come slithering out from their dens hissing and showing their fangs while their rattles went a mile a minute. The more they poked and prodded, the angrier those snakes got.
That was 50-some years ago! Now those rattlers are protected.
Today, I find that those snakes are a lot like today’s modern-day liberals.
Give them a little poking and prodding and they come out hissing and showing their fangs while spewing their venom of bovina diarrhea proclaiming all the good for the world they have done with their policies. Yet, as I look around, I see Europe on fire with riots in Greece, 25 percent unemployment in Spain, Austerity budgets in the United Kingdom and France and unsustainable pension and “entitlement” costs all around done by politicians who knew they could not keep their promises, and didn’t care, because “they got theirs.”
Just like here, same deal! How many states, cities, counties, towns are going bankrupt because of these same policies and promises?
And as they really have no answers except for more “tax and spend” and “we know what’s best for you,” those same snakes slither back under their rocks and leave the chaos for someone else to cleanup! And, when disagreed with, they come back out and try to bit you! “Liberalism” is the disease, not the cure!
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- School district election results (2317)
- Law & Disorder (May 22, 2013) (1437)
- Kingston school district voters OK budget, propositions (with vote tally by polling place, video) (901)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (824)
- Law & Disorder: May 21, 2013 (454)
- Saugerties schools: Budget passes, but school board election count continues (396)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (357)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (27)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (4)
- Dutchess college students win voting rights settlement in federal court (With court consent order) (3)
- Minnewaska State Park gets $1.05 million for visitor center (3)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.