Law & Disorder (May 17, 2012)
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
CITY OF KINGSTON
Drugs: Kevin Washington, 41, of 109 Hone St., Kingston, was arrested Wednesday at 9:11 a.m. by Kingston police and charged with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance. Additional information was not available.
DWAI/drugs: Anthony J. Giglio, 67, of Earlton, was arrested Tuesday at 4:13 p.m. by state police at Coxsackie and charged with misdemeanor driving while impaired by drugs. He was issued a ticket to appear in Athens Town Court.
DWI: Amanda J. Bain, 21, of Newburgh, was arrested Wednesday at 12:50 a.m. by state police at Highland and charged with two counts of misdemeanor drunken driving. She was issued tickets to appear in Gardiner Town Court.
DWI: Lisa Peplow, 38, of 100 Pancake Hollow Road, Highland, was arrested Tuesday at 9:21 p.m. by state police at Highland and charged with felony aggravated drunken driving under Leandra’s Law, and three misdemeanors: drunken driving, aggravated drunken driving, and endangering the welfare of a child, as well as three traffic infractions. Police said Peplow’s vehicle was stopped by troopers on Chapel Hill Road in the town of Lloyd and she was found to be intoxicated with a 3-year-old child in the back seat. She was issued tickets to appear in Lloyd Town Court.
NEW PALTZ Continued...
DWI: Damien T. Toman, 29, of Gardiner, was arrested Wednesday at 2:24 a.m. by state police at Highland and charged with two misdemeanors: drunken driving and aggravated drunken driving He was issued tickets to appear in New Paltz Town Court.
DWI: Travis S. Garcia, 26, of New Paltz, was arrested Wednesday at 4:36 a.m. by state police at Highland and charged with two counts of misdemeanor drunken driving. He was issued tickets to appear in New Paltz Town Court.
Criminal mischief: Rebecca L. Burr, 24, of Kerhonkson, was arrested Tuesday at 4:19 p.m. by state police at Wawarsing and charged with felony criminal mischief. She was issued a ticket to appear in Wawarsing Town Court.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (2173)
- Law & Disorder (May 22, 2013) (1673)
- Kingston man held in sexual abuse of two girls, ages 5 and 7 (996)
- In the Courts (May 23, 2013) (929)
- EDITORIAL: Obama's umbrella coverage critics are all wet (827)
- Kerhonkson man accused of painting graffiti in Kingston (822)
- Kingston school district art supporters object to planned changes in middle school (UPDATED) (584)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (41)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.