Two Saugerties residents accused of having stolen car
TOWN OF BETHLEHEM, N.Y. — Two Saugerties residents were arrested Monday afternoon on felony charges after their car, stopped by state police for speeding on the New York State Thruway, was found to have been reported stolen, authorities said.
Elijah Gray, 44, and Earline M. Bullock, 36, both of Saugerties, were arrested by state police at 3:45 a.m. Monday and charged with possession of stolen property, a felony. Gray was additionally charged with criminal impersonation and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, both misdemeanors; and speeding, an infraction.
Police said a trooper stopped the 2008 Dodge Nitro for speeding on the Thruway and found that the car had been reported stolen from Poughkeepsie.
Police said Gray, the driver, gave the trooper a false name when he was stopped.
Both Gray and Bullock were arraigned at Bethlehem Town Court and sent to the Albany County Correctional Facility in lieu of $20,000 bail each pending further court action.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 19, 2013 (32)
- Hofstra break-in victim accidentally shot dead by Nassau County cop in confrontation with burglar (24)
- Body found on Hudson River shore in Hyde Park believed to be that of missing canoeist (19)
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (video) (18)
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (6:50 p.m. update; video included) (14)
- SUNY New Paltz graduates 1,400 (video) (11)
- IVAN LAJARA: You are a lazy voter, YOU BUM! (11)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (10)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Kingston Point Dog Park about to open (2)
- RUNNING: Roger's Run hopes to reach new heights (1)
- Bug-phobic dread looming with East Coast cicada invasion (1)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.