Law & Disorder (May 22, 2012)
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
TOWN OF ULSTER
Drugs: Robert P. VanLeuvan, 37, of 4685 Route 209, Apt. 7, Accord, was arrested by Ulster town police Monday just before 2 p.m. and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminal possession of a hypodermic instrument, both misdemeanors; possession of a controlled substance outside of its original container, a violation; and two traffic infractions. Also arrested in the incident was Erik J. Berg, 46, of 19 Lower Granite Road, Kerhonkson, who was charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of a hypodermic instrument, misdemeanors; unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation; and consumption of an alcoholic beverage in a motor vehicle, an infraction; and Randolph G. Wolfeil, 42, of 68 Ricci Road, Accord, who was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. Police said they stopped a GMC Sonoma for several equipment violations on U.S. Route 9W and found heroin, methadone, marijuana and hypodermic instruments in the car. All three men were released on court appearance tickets.
Impaired by drugs: Douglas C. Wager, 29, of Durham, was arrested by state police at Coxsackie Sunday at 7:04 p.m. on U.S. Route 9W and charged with operating a motor vehicle impaired by drugs and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, misdemeanors, and no license, an infraction. He was released to a third party.
Drugs: Morgan L. Dow, 24, of 299 state Route 213, Rosendale, was arrested by Rosendale town police Saturday and charged with possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor; and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. He was released with a court appearance ticket.
DWI: Kurtis Baldwin, 24, of 4 Longyear Road, Shokan, was arrested by Woodstock town police Saturday at 2 a.m. on state Route 375 near Woodstock Elementary School and charged with felony drunken driving and speeding, an infraction. He was sent to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $1,000 bail.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (video) (2698)
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (6:50 p.m. update; video included) (1826)
- Law and Disorder (May 19, 2013) (1295)
- Hofstra break-in victim accidentally shot dead by Nassau County cop in confrontation with burglar (1207)
- Have a taste of Woodstock at fundraiser (video) (972)
- Man shot dead in the face on the street in NYC hate shooting, police say (970)
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla. for $590M prize (965)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (6)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Kingston Point Dog Park about to open (2)
- EDITORIAL: Sheldon Silver should step down as Assembly speaker (1)
- Abby Elliott leaving 'Saturday Night Live' after 4 seasons (1)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.