Law & Disorder (May 22, 2012)
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
TOWN OF ULSTER
Drugs: Robert P. VanLeuvan, 37, of 4685 Route 209, Apt. 7, Accord, was arrested by Ulster town police Monday just before 2 p.m. and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminal possession of a hypodermic instrument, both misdemeanors; possession of a controlled substance outside of its original container, a violation; and two traffic infractions. Also arrested in the incident was Erik J. Berg, 46, of 19 Lower Granite Road, Kerhonkson, who was charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of a hypodermic instrument, misdemeanors; unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation; and consumption of an alcoholic beverage in a motor vehicle, an infraction; and Randolph G. Wolfeil, 42, of 68 Ricci Road, Accord, who was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. Police said they stopped a GMC Sonoma for several equipment violations on U.S. Route 9W and found heroin, methadone, marijuana and hypodermic instruments in the car. All three men were released on court appearance tickets.
Impaired by drugs: Douglas C. Wager, 29, of Durham, was arrested by state police at Coxsackie Sunday at 7:04 p.m. on U.S. Route 9W and charged with operating a motor vehicle impaired by drugs and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, misdemeanors, and no license, an infraction. He was released to a third party.
Drugs: Morgan L. Dow, 24, of 299 state Route 213, Rosendale, was arrested by Rosendale town police Saturday and charged with possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor; and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. He was released with a court appearance ticket.
DWI: Kurtis Baldwin, 24, of 4 Longyear Road, Shokan, was arrested by Woodstock town police Saturday at 2 a.m. on state Route 375 near Woodstock Elementary School and charged with felony drunken driving and speeding, an infraction. He was sent to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $1,000 bail.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Law & Disorder (May 25, 2013) (1078)
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 24, 2013 (335)
- Columbia County DA Paul Czajka declines to prosecute NY SAFE Act violation (331)
- New Paltz Mayor Jason West should be ousted over residency issue, falsified records, village resident says (293)
- Hudson Valley Best Bets for this weekend (268)
- Curtis Granderson, David Phelps injured in Yankees' victory over Rays (246)
- Cottekill artist leads very colorful life (video) (192)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (51)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Unbeaten Rondout boys lacrosse squad rolling into sectionals (6)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.