Law & Disorder (May 22, 2012)
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
TOWN OF ULSTER
Drugs: Robert P. VanLeuvan, 37, of 4685 Route 209, Apt. 7, Accord, was arrested by Ulster town police Monday just before 2 p.m. and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance and criminal possession of a hypodermic instrument, both misdemeanors; possession of a controlled substance outside of its original container, a violation; and two traffic infractions. Also arrested in the incident was Erik J. Berg, 46, of 19 Lower Granite Road, Kerhonkson, who was charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of a hypodermic instrument, misdemeanors; unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation; and consumption of an alcoholic beverage in a motor vehicle, an infraction; and Randolph G. Wolfeil, 42, of 68 Ricci Road, Accord, who was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. Police said they stopped a GMC Sonoma for several equipment violations on U.S. Route 9W and found heroin, methadone, marijuana and hypodermic instruments in the car. All three men were released on court appearance tickets.
Impaired by drugs: Douglas C. Wager, 29, of Durham, was arrested by state police at Coxsackie Sunday at 7:04 p.m. on U.S. Route 9W and charged with operating a motor vehicle impaired by drugs and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, misdemeanors, and no license, an infraction. He was released to a third party.
Drugs: Morgan L. Dow, 24, of 299 state Route 213, Rosendale, was arrested by Rosendale town police Saturday and charged with possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor; and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. He was released with a court appearance ticket.
DWI: Kurtis Baldwin, 24, of 4 Longyear Road, Shokan, was arrested by Woodstock town police Saturday at 2 a.m. on state Route 375 near Woodstock Elementary School and charged with felony drunken driving and speeding, an infraction. He was sent to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $1,000 bail.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 20, 2013 (2397)
- Law & Disorder: May 21, 2013 (2290)
- Kardashian gets Gov. Andrew Cuomo warning letter over T-shirt logo (1245)
- EDITORIAL: Angelina Jolie sparks conversation about breast cancer (931)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (823)
- Unhappy campers: Miserable times at sleepaway camp remain vivid memories for some decades later (819)
- Dutchess college students win voting rights settlement in federal court (With court consent order) (709)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (26)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (4)
- SCHOLASTIC TRACK AND FIELD: Onteora girls, New Paltz boys three-peat at MHAL meet (3)
- Orange Regional and Catskill Regional hospitals to cut 140 jobs (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.