URGENT team makes drug arrests in Kingston, Highland
KINGSTON, N.Y. — Four people with illegal narcotics in the city of Kingston, and a Newburgh man who illegally received anabolic steroids through the mail were arrested Friday by the Ulster Regional Gang Enforcement Narcotics Team (URGENT).
In Kingston, members of the team arrested four suspects at North Wilbur and Pine streets around 8:50 p.m. following a traffic stop. A search of the car uncovered heroin, diverted pharmaceuticals and drug paraphernalia, authorities said.
Venesse L. “Sweet Pea” Roseberry, 31, of 14 Pine St., Kingston, was charged with tampering with evidence, a felony; two misdemeanor counts of possession of a controlled substance; and the violation of unlawful possession of marijuana.
Stephanie A. Quinn, 18, of 44 Foxhall Ave., Kingston, Charles L. Miles, 48, of 210 Greeenkill Ave., Kingston, and David L. Lewis, 74, who is homeless, were each charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor.
Quinn also faces Ulster County Probation Department violations.
All four were released with tickets for Kingston City Court.
Also on Friday, members of URGENT and Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) received a tip that a package was scheduled to be delivered to 349 Orchard Road, Highland.
Police detained several individuals before arresting Elliot Rios, 32, of 8 Maplewood Drive, Newburgh, at 1:15 p.m. after it was discovered that the package contained anabolic steroids.
Rios was charged with criminal diversion of a prescription medication, a felony, and criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor. He was released with an appearance ticket for Lloyd Town Court.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 23, 2013 (15)
- Yankees not a roster for the ages, but earning their pinstripes (14)
- EDITORIAL: Obama's umbrella coverage critics are all wet (13)
- Chinua Achebe, former Bard professor, honored at Nigeria funeral (12)
- Fortis-CH Energy deal should be rejected because of suitor's track record in other countries, opponents say (12)
- NY Sen. John Bonacic sponsors bill calling for 3 casinos in Catskills (12)
- SCHOLASTIC TRACK AND FIELD: Seniors shine at sectional meet (9)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (43)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- Kingston man held in sexual abuse of two girls, ages 5 and 7 (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.