URGENT team makes drug arrests in Kingston, Highland
KINGSTON, N.Y. — Four people with illegal narcotics in the city of Kingston, and a Newburgh man who illegally received anabolic steroids through the mail were arrested Friday by the Ulster Regional Gang Enforcement Narcotics Team (URGENT).
In Kingston, members of the team arrested four suspects at North Wilbur and Pine streets around 8:50 p.m. following a traffic stop. A search of the car uncovered heroin, diverted pharmaceuticals and drug paraphernalia, authorities said.
Venesse L. “Sweet Pea” Roseberry, 31, of 14 Pine St., Kingston, was charged with tampering with evidence, a felony; two misdemeanor counts of possession of a controlled substance; and the violation of unlawful possession of marijuana.
Stephanie A. Quinn, 18, of 44 Foxhall Ave., Kingston, Charles L. Miles, 48, of 210 Greeenkill Ave., Kingston, and David L. Lewis, 74, who is homeless, were each charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor.
Quinn also faces Ulster County Probation Department violations.
All four were released with tickets for Kingston City Court.
Also on Friday, members of URGENT and Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) received a tip that a package was scheduled to be delivered to 349 Orchard Road, Highland.
Police detained several individuals before arresting Elliot Rios, 32, of 8 Maplewood Drive, Newburgh, at 1:15 p.m. after it was discovered that the package contained anabolic steroids.
Rios was charged with criminal diversion of a prescription medication, a felony, and criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor. He was released with an appearance ticket for Lloyd Town Court.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Kingston baby's death being investigated as homicide, police say (60)
- Review: Go with the Galaxy S4, HTC One or wait for the Galaxy S4 zoom? (30)
- Tonight's Law & Disorder (June 19, 2013) (29)
- Catskills could get two casinos under NY leaders' deal (21)
- Law & Disorder (June 19, 2013) (15)
- Columbia County man among two charged in X-ray terror plot (14)
- Fired Orange County deputy from Kingston arrested for shoplifting in Auburn (12)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (26)
- WEIGHTLIFTING: Pat Carroll, Fred Dini set bench press marks (8)
- Bear cub freed from Phoenicia trash bin after some tense moments (6)
- Study says Catskill Mountain Rail Trail would attract 140,000 annual visitors, over $3 million (4)
- Kingston Point Dog Park nearly complete (4)
- Uptown Kingston launches beautification effort (3)
- Kingston basketball clinic scheduled (3)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.