Law & Disorder (June 11, 2012)
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
• Unlawful imprisonment: Charles J. Tiano, Highland Avenue, Kingston, was arrested by Kingston police Sunday at 12:44 a.m. and charged with unlawful imprisonment and endangering the welfare of a child, misdemeanors; and harassment, a violation. He was being held at the Ulster County Jail on $1,000 cash bail or $5,000 bond.
• Resisting arrest: Kevin W. Snyder, 21, Dayport, was arrested by state police at Gardiner Sunday at 12:44 a.m. on South Chestnut Street and Hasbrouck Avenue and charged with resisting arrest and obstructing governmental administration, misdemeanors. Also arrested in the incident was Peter T. Tucker, 21, Mahopac. He was charged with resisting arrest, obstructing governmental administration and fleeing an officer in a motor vehicle, misdemeanors; and driving while ability impaired by alcohol, an infraction. Both Tucker and Snyder were released on court appearance tickets.
• DWI: Kyle W. Welch, 22, Hurley, was arrested by state police at Gardiner Sunday at 3:47 a.m. on state Route 299 and charged with drunken driving and operating a motor vehicle with a blood-alcohol content exceeding .08 percent, misdemeanors. He was released on a court appearance ticket.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Law & Disorder (May 24, 2013) (1756)
- Ex-comptroller charged with embezzling money from town of Ulster business (1463)
- Cottekill artist leads very colorful life (video) (1336)
- Middletown teen killed in car accident en route to senior prom (1094)
- Unbeaten Rondout boys lacrosse squad rolling into sectionals (800)
- Ulster County Executive Michael Hein calls for privatizing adult mental health services (with video, proposed contract) (720)
- NY Sen. John Bonacic sponsors bill calling for 3 casinos in Catskills (649)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (49)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Unbeaten Rondout boys lacrosse squad rolling into sectionals (6)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.