Julian Schreibman defeats Joel Tyner in NY 19th Congressional District's Democratic primary
KINGSTON, N.Y. — Former Ulster County Democratic Chairman Julian Schreibman on Tuesday defeated Dutchess County Legislator Joel Tyner in the Democratic primary in New York’s 19th Congressional District.
The Associated Press declared Schreibman the winner at 11:02 p.m., and numbers compiled by the Freeman confirmed the result.
Schreibman will face U.S. Rep. Chris Gibson, R-Kinderhook, in the November election.
With all precincts reporting in Ulster, Dutchess, Sullivan, Schoharie, Rensselaer, Otsego, Montgomery and Broome counties, and most precincts reporting in Columbia and Delawarecounties, Schreibman led by a tally of 5,457-3,939, or roughly 58-42 percent.
There were no results available as of 11:25 p.m. from Greene County.
Schreibman, a Stone Ridge resident, carried Ulster County, 2,232-1446. Tyner, of Clinton, prevailed in Dutchess, 1,061-693.
Tyner also carried Otsego County, but Schreibman won or was on his way to winning all the remaining counties where results were available.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National News Videos
- School district election results (111)
- Law & Disorder: May 21, 2013 (84)
- Kingston school district voters OK budget, propositions (with vote tally by polling place) (59)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (38)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (36)
- Law & Disorder (May 22, 2013) (35)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (27)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (4)
- SCHOLASTIC TRACK AND FIELD: Onteora girls, New Paltz boys three-peat at MHAL meet (3)
- Orange Regional and Catskill Regional hospitals to cut 140 jobs (3)
Recent Activity on Facebook
We'll be using this blog to publicize corrections to stories, to explain, if possible, how we made a particular mistake and to give you a better window into our reporting process.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.