Kingston-area man accused of stabbing in Lake Katrine
LAKE KATRINE, N.Y. — A Kingston-area man is facing charges for stabbing another man in the forearm at a Lake Katrine home, police said Monday.
Andrew F. Ector, 22, of 715 Old Whiteport Road, Kingston, was arrested by Ulster town police Sunday and charged with felony assault and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor.
Police said they responded to a report of a fight between two men at a home on Leggs Mill Road near U.S. Route 9W. They said during the fight, Ector pulled out a knife and stabbed another man whom he knew in the forearm.
The victim required stitches and was treated on the scene by Mobile Life Support Services and then transported to Kingston Hospital for further treatment before being released, police said.
Following his arraignment, Ector was sent to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $1,000 bail.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Tonight's Law & Disorder: May 19, 2013 (32)
- Hofstra break-in victim accidentally shot dead by Nassau County cop in confrontation with burglar (24)
- Body found on Hudson River shore in Hyde Park believed to be that of missing canoeist (19)
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (video) (18)
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (6:50 p.m. update; video included) (14)
- SUNY New Paltz graduates 1,400 (video) (11)
- IVAN LAJARA: You are a lazy voter, YOU BUM! (11)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (9)
- Ulster BOCES students launch rocket (video) (3)
- Hurley resident's death led police to arrest KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna on drug charges, DA says (3)
- CHARTOCK: It's put up or shut up time for Gov. Andrew Cuomo (3)
- Kingston Point Dog Park about to open (2)
- RUNNING: Roger's Run hopes to reach new heights (1)
- Bug-phobic dread looming with East Coast cicada invasion (1)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.