In the Courts (Aug. 3, 2012)
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
ULSTER COUNTY COURT
u Drugs: Willie Hearn, 36, no address available, pleaded guilty before County Judge Donald A. Williams on July 27 to felony criminal possession of a controlled substance. Hearn was arrested on Sept. 4, 2011, by state police. He is scheduled to be sentenced on Sept. 25.
u Possession of stolen property: Jeffrey Bovee, 31, of Old Lasher Road, Saugerties, was sentenced to 1 1/2 to 3 years in state prison on July 27 by Williams for felony forgery. Bovee was arrested on Nov. 11, 2012, by Saugerties police for felony criminal possession of stolen property and forgery and subsequently pleaded guilty to forgery.
u Drugs: Randy Montgomery, age and address not available, pleaded guilty on July 27 before Williams to felony criminal possession of a controlled substance. Montgomery was arrested on June 4 by Kingston police. He is scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 2.
u Welfare fraud: Elizabeth Mack, 31, of Kingston, pleaded guilty on July 27 before Williams to felony welfare fraud. Mach was arrested on Nov. 2, 2011, by the Department of Social Services for welfare fraud and offering a false instrument. She is scheduled to be sentenced Jan. 9, 2013.
u Burglary: Dominique Green, 17, of St. James Street, Kingston, pleaded guilty on July 27 to felony burglary. She was arrested on April 11, 2011 by Kingston police for burglary and criminal mischief. She is scheduled to be sentenced by Ulster County Judge Donald Williams on Aug. 20.
u Drugs: Tyrone Craig, 36, of the Bronx, pleaded guilty on July 27 before Williams to felony criminal possession of a controlled substance. He was arrested on June 1, 2011, by Kingston police. He is scheduled to be sentenced Aug. 27.
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
- Hurley man, a paramedic, seriously hurt when ambulance, pickup crash on Route 32 near Ulster-Rosendale line (video) (2262)
- EDITORIAL: Kingston school board looks the other way ... again (1875)
- Law & Disorder: May 18, 2013 (829)
- Catskill Mountain Railroad members barred from serving on Ulster County Railroad Advisory Committee (video) (819)
- Kingston High School choir enjoys musical milestones (video) (762)
- Law & Disorder (May 17, 2013) (678)
- Ulster County grand jury indicts five (447)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (70)
- Dick Trickle, former NASCAR driver, dies at 71 (55)
- Kingston High School coaching volunteer charged with rape after alleged sexual contact with two teen girls (9)
- Catskill 3500 Club members hike region's highest peaks (video) (9)
- Injured turkey vulture rescued in Kingston is released after rehabilitation (video) (8)
- Rhinebeck Aerodrome ready to fly (video) (7)
Recent Activity on Facebook
Ira Fusfeld's blog offers commentary about the newspaper business and whatever else is on his mind.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.
Life Editor Ivan Lajara talks about living in the Hudson Valley, language, the Web, cats and even politics. But he shouldn't.
Sports editor Ron Rosner talks about the local and national sports scene.