Rosendale Food Pantry being taken over by Rondout Valley Food Pantry
ROSENDALE, N.Y. — The operation of the Rosendale Food Pantry is being taken over the Rondout Valley Food Pantry, but a Rosendale-based board still will play a key role.
“The Rondout board will be handling the procurement and business end of it. The Rosendale board will work with them moving forward,” Rosendale Councilman Ken Hassett said during a recent Town Board meeting.
Hassett said the change should help provide long-term direction for the Rosendale pantry.
The change was made due to the pending departure of Rosendale Food Pantry Director Nora Synder, who will is leaving because her husband is taking a job in Ithaca.
“Nora Synder is the Rosendale Food Pantry,” Hassett said. “As far as the back office — the person who does the scheduling, does the procurement, the buying, the accounting, everything — she is the pantry. To find someone to step up to the plate to do what Nora has done for many, many years has proven to be very difficult.”
Snyder last month said the Rosendale Food Pantry, which opened in 2002 and is at 45 James St., serves 40 to 50 families per week and has about 30 volunteers. It’s open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays.
“I am just so thankful for the support in this community,” Snyder said last month. “It’s been tremendous over the years, and I hope it continues with whatever incarnation we turn into next.”
She also said the members of the Rondout Valley Food Pantry board are “really good, motivated people (who) are extremely organized.”
See inaccurate information in a story? Other feedback and/or ideas for us to consider? Tell us here.
Location, ST | website.com
National News Videos
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (2173)
- Law & Disorder (May 22, 2013) (1673)
- Kingston man held in sexual abuse of two girls, ages 5 and 7 (996)
- In the Courts (May 23, 2013) (929)
- EDITORIAL: Obama's umbrella coverage critics are all wet (827)
- Kerhonkson man accused of painting graffiti in Kingston (822)
- Kingston school district art supporters object to planned changes in middle school (UPDATED) (584)
- Group raps Hinchey over change of heart on Cantine Dam viewing (41)
- Hurley man whose death led to drug arrest of Kingston teacher had undiagnosed heart condition, wife and Ulster County prosecutor say (7)
- Kingston shelter operator honored by NY Senate (video) (6)
- Hurley man's death not caused by drugs he allegedly received from KHS teacher Matthew DiDonna, Ulster County DA's Office says (6)
- HITS primed for 10th year at Saugerties site (video, schedule, equestrian glossary) (5)
- Woodstock Fire Company 3 ex-Treasurer Dale Hughes Jr. sentenced to one year in jail for embezzlement (5)
Recent Activity on Facebook
We'll be using this blog to publicize corrections to stories, to explain, if possible, how we made a particular mistake and to give you a better window into our reporting process.
City Editor Jeremy Schiffres comments about the news of the day and other topics that he finds interesting.