Sunday, January 13, 2013
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
CITY OF KINGSTON
• DWI: Brian E. Clarke, 36, of Tillson was arrested on Lucas Avenue Saturday at 11:34 p.m. by state police at Ulster and charged with two counts of misdemeanor drunken driving. He was held by police pending arraignment.
• Obstruction/breathing: Mitchell C. Bartley, 32, of Athens was arrested Saturday at 10:25 p.m. by state police at Coxsackie and charged with felony contempt, misdemeanor obstruction of breathing and violation harassment. He was held by police pending further proceedings.
• DWI: Ryan J. Maletta, 30, of Northport was arrested on state Route 32 Sunday at 3:10 a.m. by state police at Catskill and charged with two counts of misdemeanor drunken driving. He was issued tickets to appear in Catskill Town Court.
• Stolen property: Scott M. Johnson, 21, of Albany was arrested Saturday at 5:11 p.m. by state police at Coxsackie and charged with misdemeanor possession of stolen property. Additional information was not available.
• Drugs: Kevin D. Garrett, 39, of Poughkeepsie was arrested on state Route 44/55 Sunday at 2:55 a.m. by state police at Highland and charged with felony aggravated unlicensed operation, three counts of misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance and violation controlled substance in non-original container. Additional information was not available.
• Forgery: Anthony A. Anzalone, 38, of Dover Plains was arrested on U.S. Route 209 Saturday at 3:10 p.m. by state police at Wurtsboro and charged with felony forgery. He was held by police pending further proceedings.
• Drugs: Steven A. Gonzalez, 21, of Modena was arrested on state Route 32 Saturday at 6:40 p.m. by state police at Highland and charged with misdemeanor operating a motor vehicle impaired by drugs and violation possession of marijuana. He was issued tickets to appear in Plattekill Town Court.
• Drugs: William T. Spafford, 24, of 2485 Albany Post Road, Walden was arrested Saturday at 8:30 p.m. by deputies of the Ulster County Sheriff’s Office and charged with three misdemeanors: Three counts of possession of a controlled substance, as well as possession of a hypodermic instrument and aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle. Deputies said on Saturday they observed a black Chevy Impala operating with a headlight out, traveling north on state Route 32. They said when deputies interviewed Spafford he raised suspicions, leading to further investigation. Deputies said with the assistance of Sheriff’s Office K9, Kilo, Spafford was found in possession of heroin, crack cocaine and powder cocaine. He was arrested, processed, arraigned and issued tickets to appear in Plattekill Town Court.
• Assault: Chester Kilmer, 39, of Catskill was arrested Sunday by state police at Millbrook and charged with two felonies: Assault and strangulation, following an investigation into a domestic dispute. Police said they responded on Saturday to St. Francis Hospital in Poughkeepsie for a report of an injured female. During the investigation, they determined that Kilmer had a physical altercation with his girlfriend at her Pleasant Valley residence, during which he struck her numerous times on her head and throughout her body, fracturing some bones. They said the investigation further determined that he had choked the woman to the point of unconsciousness during the incident. Kilmer was arraigned in Pleasant Valley and sent to Dutchess County Jail without bail due to his extensive criminal history, according to police.
• DWI: Anthony B. Bryant, 22, of Newburgh was arrested on state Route 28 Sunday at 4:20 a.m. by state police at Ulster and charged with two counts of felony drunken driving, misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance and violation possession of marijuana. He was issued tickets to appear in Ulster Town Court.